Quick Bites Jan 26 + Giveaway!
Australia Day 2012 – Thursday, January 26
I’m crossing my fingers that the floods currently hitting the East coast (yes, again – although so far not as bad as 2011, thank God) will recede so that you all can enjoy a sunshiny
Invasion Day ‘Strayla Day. So far, the official celebrations at South Bank have been cancelled, but there’s still a few things happening that celebrate thongs, stubbies, and genocide:
- Try the Liquid Lamington cocktail at the Atrium Bar at Jupiters on the Gold Coast. As if Lamingtons aren’t good enough, some clever bugger has found out a way to combine them with alcohol!
- Dig into the Aussie Buffet, served this Thursday – Sunday at Food Fantasty, also at Jupiters.
- Party over two days at The Vic in downtown Brisbane. This popular uni student hangout will have a strict ‘bikinis and boardshorts’ dress code. Because who doesn’t love drinking with strangers who are half naked?
- Enjoy a free BBQ at The Normanby in inner-city Brisbane.
- Race a cocky or two at The Story Bridge Hotel, also in the inner-city. Yes, cockroach races. The first race starts at midday on the 26th.
March 30 to April 2 will see the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre welcome Enrich, an inaugural food and wine expo. This is no typical foodie event, however – Enrich describes itself as innovative and interactive, stepping outside the boundaries of a typical expo. A ‘lifestyle approach’ will be incorporated, showcasing a variety of exhibitors, speakers, and interative demonstrations. Popular chefs Alastair McLeod and Ben O’Donoghue are already slated in, as well as Lydney Milan.
The good people at Enrich are giving four EatDrinkBrisbane readers the chance to win a free pass to Enrich!
Cool. How do I enter?
There are two ways to enter:
1) Leave a comment here describing the most enriching (ha, get it) thing you’ve ever done. Don’t forget to include your email address!
2) Tweet a link to this page on Twitter.
The comp opens at 6am EST on January 26, and runs until midnight EST on February 2, 2012. I’ll randomly pick four winners after that!