I’m at a bit of a loss for words. What to say about your new favourite bar in Brisbane? What to say about the place that you immediately race over to, when you read what new beer taps they have? How can you really describe the happiness you feel when you bite into a pork belly slider, honey sauce dribbling all down your chin?
I haven’t reviewed Tippler’s Tap on here yet, and I’m really disgusted at myself. So this is an apology to all my readers. If for some reason you haven’t yet discovered Tippler’s, and it’s due to me not talking about it yet – I’m really sorry.
Enough chit chat.
- Amazing beer list. About a dozen rotating taps, a crapload of bottles. Often feature such rarieties as the recent Dogfish Head-Birra del Borgo collaboration ‘My Antonia’, as well as favourites like Sierra Nevada, Rogue, Dieu du Ciel, Feral, Kooinda, Epic, Green Flash, Holgate, etc. If you’re into beer tasting, you’ll love it here.
- Delicious food. The sliders are ridiculous – the pork belly is my fave (below), closely followed my the haloumi. The onion rings (also below) are huge, salty, perfect beer drinking food. There’s also massive Chicago-style hot dogs.
- The food is awesome value. I can be stuffed to the gills for less than $15.
- Friendly bearded dudes. The bartenders and wait staff at Tippler’s are always super-duper nice, and helpful. The guys behind the bar encourage tastings, and are happy to help you navigate the massive beer list.
- Decent patrons. I’ve never experienced any obnoxious, drunken idiots at Tippler’s. Loud, rowdy, happy? Sure. But no malice – why? Because the people who go to Tippler’s go there because they love chilling out with a good beer.
- There’s more than just beer! Well duh, it’s still a bar – so there’s cider and wine too.
So I hope you do two things: 1. Forgive me for not telling you about Tippler’s sooner, and 2. Go to Tippler’s.
Craft Beer Bar
22 Masters St, Newstead
Open until 10pm, Tuesday-Sunday